Kankakee Drug Free, Inc is giving assistance to our clients that have been impacted because of Covid19 (see below). This can be an especially difficult time for those dealing with addiction, and we are here to provide the support they need to remain on their path to success!
Kankakee County Drug Court has recently implemented the Carey Guides.
This will assist the probation officers and case managers in knowing the best way to assist those in the program.
Learn more about the Carey Guides HERE.
Yoga Classes and Accupuncture
Participants in the Drug Court Program now have the availability to take yoga classes and receive accupuncture treatments. Studies have shown that both yoga and accupuncture are extremely beneficial to those suffering from addiction.
The New You Closet
Drug Court Inc. is creating a "closet" that will be available to the participants of the Drug Court Program.
It will include items such as essential toiletries, new undergarments, good clothing and shoes.
It can be difficult to take steps in the right direction when the participant does not have appropriate attire to go to a job interview or even the basic toiletries to make themselves feel presentable. Often times they may not even have weather appropriate clothing making it difficult to go out and seek employment, go to meetings, etc.
The closet will help the participants overcome this obstacle and move closer to "The New You".
Successfully completing the program is far from an easy task and situations in life can sometimes make success feel impossible. Assistance to any client is carefully and thoughtfully considered by the board before that assistance is provided. The Drug Court Program offers assistance in many areas.
Below is a list of just some of the assistance provided within the past few months:
- Drug Free, Inc assisted on multiple levels during Covid
- Medical and Dental assistance
- Rent assistance
- Tablet to attend vital meetings
- Cell phones
- Assistance with phone bill
- Assistance with emergency dental work
- Purchased a blood pressure machine
- Purchased winter clothing
- Purchased steel toe boots needed for work
- Purchased NA Big Book for client who requested to have it
- Everyone in the program received journals used for therapeutic writing. We will continue to provide these for every participant as journaling is an important tool used in the program.
- Graduation celebration and gift cards for each graduate
- "Big Books" provided (AA 12-Step Books)
- Provided anxiety phobia workbooks
- Bus tickets/tokens
- Filled a propane tank to provide heat for the winter